Ashford Formula LEED Certified Densifier
We recently wrote about Densifiers Versus Sealers. Densifiers chemically harden concrete flooring, hardening the floor from the inside out. The great benefits of concrete densification: reduced dusting, higher gloss readings, increased abrasion resistance, and a longer lifespan of the concrete floor.
A concrete floor treated with Ashford Formula will be 32% harder within the first 30 minutes of treatment. The treated concrete will continue to harden over time.
Ashford Formula Densifier
- Ashford Formula has been widely specified on LEED Certified, LEED Silver, LEED Gold and LEED Platinum projects.
- It is inorganic, non-toxic, VOC free, colorless and odorless. It produces no fumes, vapors, off-gassing and improves indoor air quality.
- The Ashford Formula acts as a supplement to surface and aggregate hardeners. It also significantly reduces crazing, or “map cracking” because it stabilizes the surface.
- Floors are more resistant to staining, easier to clean, and free from dusting. In our experience, densifiers also produce a higher, deeper gloss.
Immediately After Treatment
- The hardening and dust proofing will take effect within the normal curing period on new concrete and within 24-48 hours on existing concrete. The floor will have a normal concrete appearance or a slight sheen (broom-finished or rough-textured concrete will retain its natural concrete appearance.)
- The density and hardness of the floor will be immediately enhanced. However, care should be taken not to gouge the floor with nails, etc. after the initial placement.
- To accelerate the sheen, the floor can be burnished or cleaned daily using an auto-scrubber equipped with medium-aggressive nylon brushes. A spiff coat can also be done to enhance the initial sheen.
3-6 Months After Treatment
- If the standard maintenance program is followed, smooth-troweled floor surfaces will develop a sheen.
- Note: A sheen will not develop on floors with an open, porous finish, or on floors with a broom finish.
- On steel-troweled floors, water typically begins to bead on the surface.
12 Months After Treatment
- A hard shell-finished surface will develop.
- Surface is resistant to oil penetration and moisture contamination.